You walk into the class, it’s silent and the lights are dim. Do you place your mat in the front? Try to hide in the back somehow? Class hasn’t even started and everyone is already breathing deeply or stretching, as if they know what they’re doing. WHAT. Ok deep breaths. You got this, too.
Yoga can be intimidating when you feel like everyone around you knows what is up and you’re clueless. We’ve all been there, and that’s what you need to remember. You’re at yoga to focus on your practice. Not someone else’s. They aren’t paying attention to you, so you don’t need to worry about them.
After you’ve been through a yoga classes, you’ll start to feel like you’ve gotten the hang of it. We want you to know you’re not alone and here are seven thoughts you have during a yoga class:
1. How long do we have to hold this pose for?
2. Shoot that person over there is FLEXIBLE
3. Can that person stop breathing so dang loudly
4. This pose is the best thing in life that has ever happened to me
5. Downward dog HECK YES I can do this one
6. I’m about to wipe out on my mat I’m sweating so much
7. Thank GOODNESS for Savasana