Bring it on, gluttony.
So, we just got word that the average American consumes around 4,500 calories each Thanksgiving day. Yikes. No wonder we pass out on the couch, pie in hand, each year! To cut this calorie overload down, we wanted to pass along this incredible workout from Born Fitness designed just for Turkey Day (or any other major cheat days)! We hope it makes you able to smile when you reach for that 3rd helping of bacon-cheese-butter-cream mashed potatoes. And most importantly, we hope it helps you to better enjoy the company of your friends and family. #guiltfree #sorta
How To Do This Workout
This workout functions like a big circuit. Youll perform one set of the first exercise, rest for 20 to 30 seconds, and then move to the next exercise. Follow this pattern until you complete all 11 exercises in the workout, and then rest for 2 to 3 minutes. After your break, keep the weight the same (or decrease if needed) and increase the number of reps you perform the next round. You should perform the following number of reps on each round of the circuit.
First set = 10 reps per exercise.
Second set = 12 reps per exercise.
Third set = 15 reps per exercise.
Fourth (and final) set = 20 reps per exercise.
Notes and Tips
- This is not a normal workout or part of any particular training plan. Its designed for Thanksgiving or other days where you just feel like crushing your body with volume, having a little fun, or shocking your system. (Translation: Youre probably going to be pretty sore and sweat a bunch. If not youre either a machine or in tremendous physical condition.)
- Before you begin this workout, please do a quick warmup or some mobility exercises. You want your body to be prepared.
- If at any point you cant perform all the reps listed, do as many as you can, rest, and then move on to the next exercise.
The Ultimate Pre Big Meal Workout
- Dumbbell Goblet squat
- Dumbbell high pull
- Dumbbell overhead press
- Dumbbell bent over row
- Mountain climbers
- Dumbbell front squat
- Dumbbell Romanian deadlift
- Dumbbell Renegade Row
- Dumbbell Alternating Lunges
- Dumbbell biceps curl
- Dumbbell swings
– See more at: http://www.bornfitness.com/the-thanksgiving-day-workout/#sthash.RGZY3QWv.dpuf