If you’re looking for a Pilates studio in ATX, you’ll want to check out ToddPilates. Not only will you LOVE the workout but we guarantee you’ll leave with a huge smile on your face, especially if Todd is your instructor! Todd Gibbs founded ToddPilates in 2004 after realizing how much Pilates had improved his overall health by virtually eliminating his chronic back pain. Since then he’s helped bring a fun, friendly and upbeat approach to the world of Pilates by developing his own brand- ToddPilates. So, what makes this guy tick? Check out our interview with Todd below:
1. What are 5 things in your fridge and give us a little story behind them.
Eggs, Bacon, Salsa for a quick breakfast, apple and oranges for quick energy snacks
2. Where were you born?
Henderson, TX a rural East Texas town
3. Tell us something that no one would believe about you.
I was once married…to a woman (who is still my best friend of 30 years and next door neighbor)
4. Your favorite way to relax at the end of the day is?
Put on some Olivia Newton-John, relax with popcorn and a Topo Chico
5. Outside of your own studio, what’s another workout you love to do?
Frolick with life-partner, Doug
6. What is something that is ALWAYS with you (wallet, watch, phone?)
My green backpack (glorified purse) which has everything I need to live.
7. What celebrity would play you in a movie?
(We can see the resemblance! Can you?)
8. What’s your go-to healthy meal?
Avocado and tuna
9. Coffee or tea?
10. What’s your favorite moment so far being a studio owner?
When someone told me she used her strong Pilates core to pull away from a balcony ledge that collapsed. She said without her strong core she would have fallen two stories and surely would have suffered severe injury or worse. She said she just instinctively “pulled in and up” to safety.
What are you waiting for? #hoptoit and book a class at any of the three ToddPilates locations in Austin through StudioHop today!