1. Favorite studio currently: No, don’t make me choose! If I had to go a week without GRIT I would fall into an abyss of depression. Specifically all the Monday/Wednesday night Turbo girls 🙂 But Denis on Sunday is mine AND my fiance’s #SpinCrushSunday
3. Typical Fro-yo toppings: No froyo for me, but I get my fix through Kite Hill’s new Almond Milk yogurt with blueberries (or a whole pint of Lick’s coconut milk ice cream in ATX)
4. What’s your go-to health food store (Whole Foods, Central Market, Trader Joes or a hidden gem?): Sprouts and Trader Joes; together it makes our grocery list slightly less ominous.
5. Your typical Starbucks order: I’ll admit, I’m a bit of a Seattle coffee snob and hate to support the “big man”. My preference? Drip Coffee off Lovers or Method for an americano, with 1” foamed almond milk.
6. One store you couldn’t live without: Does MiniLux count? Organic gel manis; hiiiii!
7. Califia Almond milk, Trader Joe’s cold brew concentrate, Opal apples, spinach & Sunbutter (yes, I eat it cold)… is always in MY fridge.
8. Best local spot: Too many to count, apparently I refuse to eat at the same place twice, which is prettttty accurate. Lately we’ve loved Madrina, Mudhen Meat & Greens, Tei-An, Clark Food & Wine, and East Hampton.
9. Favorite song currently: Anything I can belt out in the car or motivates me on a run, which right now is “Never forget you” by Zara Larsson and MNEK.
10. You splurge on … face products. My mom refused to let me buy drug store cosmetics growing up and I’ve benefitted from that so much! BareMinerals, Renee Rouleau and SkinCeuticals are my jam 🙂 Thanks mama.
11. Essential summer items: A boat & a wakeboard.
12. Something on today’s to do list: Coffee, see 20 patients, finish my website, & Zyn22.
13. Never leave the house without: Making breakfast. Whether it’s a smoothie, DIY paleo toaster waffles, or a hard-boiled egg, I get hangry in 30 minutes if I don’t!
14. Your next Wanderlust moment: ATX in July for my bachelorette party. I’m counting down the days!
15. Most likely show found on your DVR: I don’t have DVR and only watch TV once a week for girl’s night Bachelor!!
16. Philanthropy you are passionate about: My father was really invested in serving the under-privileged. I grew up making annual Christmas cards for children at Children’s Hospital and still keep in touch with the Ethiopian girl my family educationally supports. I served on Alternative Spring Break at SMU two years in a row, working specifically with children in the markets of Ecuador and mountains of New Mexico. That led to family cooking classes in East Dallas and free health fairs. Empowering children; that’s where my heart is.
17. Studio you are hopping to next: GRIT HIIT at the lovely 6th hour of the morning 😉
18. Dream Vacation: Returning to the Swiss Alps.
19. Place you would live if you didn’t live in Dallas: Seattle, WA with my fam.
20. What motivates and inspires you daily: My father’s lasting legacy
Best workout advice: from my Bikram Yoga swipe card “You‘re never too old, never too bad, never too late and never too sick to start from scratch once again.”